ELASTOSIL® Silicone Rubber: Naturally Versatile
ELASTOSIL® silicone rubber withstands continuous high temperatures and dynamic stress, and thus represents the perfect solution for turbocharger hoses. All ELASTOSIL® silicone rubber grades have good mechanical properties. Specialty grades have very high tear resistance, making them ideal for bottle nipples and pacifiers.
ELASTOSIL® silicone rubber is extremely resistant to high and low temperatures (-50 °C to +250 °C; specialty grades: -110 °C to +300 °C) with only slight changes in physical properties between -50 °C and +180 °C. The rubber’s other typical properties include its resistance to chemicals and environmental influences, its lack of odor and taste (many grades conform to BfR and FDA regulations), its water-repellent surface, and its high transparency and good processability. Many other properties can be modified with additives.
- Outstanding low-temperature flexibility and high-temperature resistance
- Excellent compression set
- High resistance to chemicals and environmental influences
- Water-repellent surface
- High transparency; can be pigmented as desired
- Good mechanical properties
- Good flame resistance; non-toxic combustion products in the case of fire
- Odorless and tasteless
- Can be easily processed
- Can be adjusted electrically from insulating to semiconducting
- High radiation resistance
Interested in using Royal Brand Royfilm in your applications? Contact us today for more information.