ELASTOSIL® Silicone Rubber: Naturally Versatile
ELASTOSIL® silicone rubber withstands continuous high temperatures and dynamic stress. Therefore, it is the perfect solution for turbocharger hoses. All ELASTOSIL® silicone rubber grades have good mechanical properties. Specialty grades have very high tear resistance, making them suitable for bottle nipples and pacifiers.
Due to their versatility and universal range of properties, silicone rubber products are ideal for use in almost all industries, including:
- Automotive and Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Electrics
- Baby products
- Domestic appliances
- Sports products
At H.M. Royal, we supply silicone rubber for a wide range of applications to meet your exact needs.
ELASTOSIL® silicone rubber is noted for its incredibly diverse properties. It is extremely resistant to high and low temperatures (-50 °C to +250 °C; specialty grades: -110 °C to +300 °C). In physical properties between -50 °C and +180 °C, it only exhibits slight changes.
The rubber’s other typical properties include its resistance to chemicals and environmental influences and its lack of odor and taste (many grades conform to BfR and FDA regulations). They are safe for the environment and resist aging caused by UV light and radiation.
They also offer a water-repellent surface, high transparency and good processability. Many other properties can be modified with additives.
- Outstanding low-temperature flexibility and high-temperature resistance
- Excellent compression set
- High resistance to chemicals and environmental influences
- Water-repellent surface
- High transparency; can be pigmented as desired
- Good mechanical properties
- Good flame resistance; non-toxic combustion products in the case of fire
- Odorless and tasteless
- Easy to process
- Adjust electrically from insulating to semiconducting
- High radiation resistance
Interested in using ELASTOSIL® silicone rubber in your applications? Contact our material experts today for more information or to request a data sheet.